KTE&SWSI - Towards Sustainable Livelihood
Our Vision is promoting equitable,
just, resilient and sustainable human-environment system
KTE&SWSI are a registered voluntary organization with Regd. No.: 23143,
established on 13-07-1992, and registered U/S 12(A), 80 (G) and registered FCRA No.:231660435.
KTE&SWSI visualizes, educated people, and people like the, neglected
poor, aged, orphans and other marginalized groups in the society.
We have undertaken various welfare programs in various states like
Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Himanchal, Bihar, Punjab, Rajasthan,
Madhya Pradesh and Delhi.
KTE&SWSI Legal Status
KTE&SWSI is a not for profit organization registered under the following Act
Society Registration Act, XXI of 1860
Foreign Contribution Regulation Act,1976
12 AA of the Income Tax Act 1961
80 G (5)(vi)of Income Tax Act 1961
Our Mission is to help the poor and marginalized sections of the
society in building their confidence and capacity for managing their socio-economic status. We have worked with tribal communities and socially vulnerable groups.
We have conducted Community Based Education (CBE) Programmes in various villages or towns without any adequate, facilities with the ultimate aim of total integration of the neglected poor into the social mainstream with the fullest possibility of physical, educational, economic and social without any discrimination of caste, creed and gender.
Promote organizational effort for Human Resource Development;
Raise the Socio-economic status of the poor men and women by empowering them though education, self employment and by social support services and undertaking the other capacity building and capability development activities;
Bringing up a new generation of children, young women youthfully equipped with education, potential to generate employment with quality and constructive imagination.
To initiate a process of participatory development of the urban/rural poor particularly the women and children through motivation and organization at the community level;
To ensure sustainability in development through strengthening the community organizations, human resource development, resource mobilization and to bring into existence National and International network and cooperation to that end.
Our key areas of focus are :
1. Awareness Generation ;
2. Education and Literacy ;
3. Community Health ;
4. Vocational Training leading to Income Generation ;
5. Environmental Conservation ;
6. Promotion and Application of Appropriate Rural Technologies ;
7. Water Conservation and Rural Sanitation ;
8. Adult Education and Handicrafts Training cum Exhibition.
MAJOR AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
The main aims and objectives of the organization are to:
1. Take-up educational activities for boys and girls of poor rural families, by establishing school, libraries, and balwadis etc.
2. Provide technical education and training to the young men and women of the poor families for various income and employment generating activities.
3. Eradication of the social evil such as dowry system, early aged marriage (Bal Vivah) etc.
4. To provide social support services to the poor and needy rural women, man and children through free medical and health services and meditation, Yoga, for betterment of public.
5. Take-up rural sanitation program and to arouse consciousness among the urban slum dwellers/villagers about beneficial aspects of sanitation.
KTE&SWSI has a core team of professionals having extensive sectoral experience in sustainable agriculture, millets based farming system, rural livelihood, land and forest tenure, community empowerment and issues related to food security. The organization also hires the services of consultants/subject specialists as and when required
Our Executive Committee
KTE&SWSI is governed by its Executive Committee that provides visionary leadership & frames policy for the organization. The members who are nominated by the general body have rich experience on rural development, sustainable agriculture, strengthening livelihood, cooperatives, human-environmental system, natural resource governance & conservation of bio-diversity